Tuesday 30 September 2014

Plan B

Today I was inspired to write a blog post after reading an article in a magazine about the famous redhead musician, Ed Sheeran.

'I just made sure I didn't have a plan B'
- Ed Sheeran

I was surprised at how such a simple sentence could have such an effect on me. In school's and sometimes even in college we are constantly taught to always have a plan B , how important it is to have a back up plan and that's exactly what Sheeran made sure he didn't have. 

When I was in high school it took me a while to decide what I wanted to be, what I wanted to do. most of the time I was struggling to decide what to have for dinner let alone how I wanted the rest of my life to pan out. However back in 2012 when I discovered that photography could be something I might actually be good at I didn't once think about a back up plan, I put all my effort into extending my skills and knowledge where photography is concerned and I'm still like that to this day and I think that when you find what you are really passionate about then nothing can really stop you from achieving that goal. 

Yes I am only 17 at the moment and you might be thinking all this is rather bold coming from someone who is only in their second year at college nevertheless I have spent most of my education being told my grades were never good enough and previous teachers would probably be knocked off their feet if they found out I'm studying Level 3 due to their lack of belief in me and I'm saying that you don't need their belief. You need to believe in yourself. It doesn't matter what anyone else categorises you as, everyone has their own individual unique way of learning and sometimes it takes longer for others but that's OK too.

I have big dreams where my photography is concerned , I've excepted the fact I wont ever be able to get good maths results or be the next Einstein but that's OK too. I've learnt that I don't need other people to tell me what I can and can't do, that I need to have a back up plan because I know what I'm capable of and I know that if I have enough incentive & passion to fuel my dreams then I can make it.

'Whatever you are, be a good one'
-abraham lincoln
-Ella-

No comments:

Post a Comment