Monday 29 December 2014

Darkroom

As I was searching through my old college books from last year I discovered some of my old darkroom work which really encouraged me even more so to continue shooting old school with film.

It's a totally different experience than shooting digitally and I recommend anyone who is into photography to try it especially if the opportunity to develop the photographs yourself arises rather than sending them to the local ASDA for somebody else to do.

I hope to one day have the chance to develop my own colour rolls as well as my black and white ones in a lab.

Here's some of my work:




The techniques I used for the first one: I burnt the negative with a lighter then used a scalpel to scratch into it then I created the print with a long exposure to create the high contrast.

Techniques used for the second:
I scratched the negative, A LOT. This photo is a silhouette of Jennii which I distressed by using a  scalpel and anything else I could find to scratch into it.

Techniques used for the third photo:
I didn't do anything to the negative in this case however after I had shot it and started to develop , I didn't put the photographic paper in the developer tray instead I put developer in a spray bottle and sprayed it on, concentrating on certain areas which created this bubble like appearance.

-Ella-

No comments:

Post a Comment