Friday 28 August 2015

Technical Post ; OM-10 Problems

It's been exactly 245 days since I was given my film camera (Olympus OM-10) for Christmas..and less than a year in I've already decided I'd like a new camera. It's a sweet relatively sturdy camera and usually gets the job done , it's better to use with the manual adapter if you want more control over the settings (again , usually). However without the manual adapter the camera itself is aperture priority* so really its more built towards having a little control and even when I have my manual adaptor fully attached I have noticed despite changing the shutter myself , it will ignore that occasionally and pick a shutter for me which is really very inconvenient as I am always using it handheld without a tripod and if I want to take sunset photos (which 80% of my not yet developed roll is) it will lower the shutter right down and ruin the shot, which is greatly annoying as film.is.precious. and not cheap especially if its expired which most of the film I use is.
So I'm still looking to stick with the Olympus OM brand , probably (hopefully) the OM2N or something similar where the camera is fully manual.

Aperture priority ; The photographer picks what aperture and the camera automatically controls the shutter speed to what is 'correct'.


Example of the shutter taking control ^    :(


-Ella-


No comments:

Post a Comment