Sunday 15 March 2015

Defying my Photography OCD

A thought...

There is so much competition between photographers in capturing the most perfect composed & technically correct image that theres oppotunities missed.

I've learnt a lot during my short time studying photography and whilst composing my images , that I know what technically makes a great image but sometimes when you see something so beautiful whether it be a stunning landscape or what you may think has the potential to be a perfect portrait but you might be unable to flawlessly get it right in the camera because somebody else might be in the shot (accidental photobomb) or maybe theres one leaf too many in the autumnal picture you want , you should press the shutter anyway!

''Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have somone click the shutter.” 
- Ansel Adams

what inspired this little rant you ask? 

 They did :)
Because , I am so in love with the colours in both of the photographs. These were taken with film , no photoshop has been used to enhance the colours at all. One of my favourite things ever is sunsets and sunrises. I have such an adoration for them and I was so excited seeing these two prints from processing. However they are not perfect , not technicially at all. The crop isn't wonderful , there are tree's where I wouldn't particularly want in the shot if I were to reshoot but I'm actually happy that I ignored my photography OCD (believe me that's a thing) and I snapped away anyway.



 When I got my OM-10 I found this on pinterest , the '10 golden rules' and number #6 is one of my favouties which relates to what I'm trying to say. Sometimes , just stop thinking and take the photo.

-Ella-

No comments:

Post a Comment